Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

How do I keep it all together?

So tonight I realized that I am not as perfect as I should be. A couple of months ago I helped my husband print some flash cards to help study for the bar in February. Today, I realized that I double printed a set, didn't print one set and forgot all about three subjects. Oh well, mistakes do happen but sometimes I just need to slow down and try not to multi-task so much.

But isn't that what moms do? Multi-task? Is there really a mom out there that doesn't take care of three things at once? At work, there is a movement to cut out multi-tasking because it really does slow down production. Studies have indicated that the mind can complete one task faster and with more accuracy than trying to work on three different tasks at the same time. They even have a test you can take to prove this theory. I took the test, and yes, my score was faster completing one task versus having to think about a couple of tasks at the same time. But, as a mom, I don't think this is practical.

Being a full time mom of three children, full time employee, plus being President of the Hart Household, there is a lot going on. How do I keep it all together???

Sometimes I don't.... and today was one of them. But tomorrow is another day to prove that I can earn my cape as Super Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Family

My Family
Nov 2009

Charles, Ronea, Lauren, Reagan, and Matthew