Search This Blog

Monday, March 22, 2010

How I feel about the new Health Care Reform...

Yesterday, our Congress passed an unprecedented vote of 219 to 212 to pass a national health care reform bill otherwise known as "ObamaCare." Yesterday's vote shows that Washington continues to ignore the will of the people. This is a multi-trillion dollar health care bill that will raise taxes, increase premiums, cut Medicare and leave future generations with a mountain of debt. How did they do this, by forcing through a bill complete with sweetheart deals that our nation doesn't want, and can't afford. I would bet that most of the Congressman that voted on the bill doesn't really know what is in the bill nor cares.

As a christian, I really can understand and sympathize with those who are poor and can not afford health insurance or those who have preexisting health concerns that prevent them from getting new insurance. But this new health care reform bill is not a guarantee for those people but it will guarantee this nation to get further in debt and for the middle class to be forced to become more dependent on the government.

In time of need, we need to draw closer to God not government. Government is not God nor should ever be placed before God. God is more powerful than any Congressional vote and his will still prevails for those who seek it.

As I sit here today, the day after this vote has passed, I sit wondering, "What can I do?" The best I can do is to continue praying for our nation and the leaders that have been elected, but mostly I am praying for good Godly men to step forward and take over the current leadership in Washington D.C.

I also want to plead with all my fellow Republicans to let this vote be a reminder to us that "Change" is not always for the good of God. And even though we may not always have the best candidates to vote for, the other candidate can be worst.

God has reminded me today that he is STILL in control and will always be in CONTROL. I pray that I never forget that, no matter how bad things get in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Family

My Family
Nov 2009

Charles, Ronea, Lauren, Reagan, and Matthew